5th Annual World Dessert Table Championships
2018 LA Cookie Con’s Dessert Table Championships. Pepsy Garcia Coco Cake
LA Cookie Con and Sweets Show by Annatainment is now accepting applications for the 5th Annual World Dessert Table Championships.
NOTE: Anyone with a ticket to the event may watch this championship. You only have to pay to enter your cake into the championship.
The World Dessert Table Championships celebrate the art of creating the perfect dessert buffet for weddings, baby showers, birthdays and other celebratory events. The theme for 2019, picked by our Head Judge, will be announced.
FAT DADDIO’S will be Sponsoring and giving some of their product prizes to the Winner’s! Winner’s will also be getting Trophies from LA Cookie Convention & Sweets Show!
APPLICATION PERIOD: Entry into the World Dessert Table Championships will require a completed Entry Form submitted no later than Jan 1, 2019. By submitting your Entry Form you are certifying that if accepted you will compete and exhibit.
JUDGES: The World Dessert Table Championships will be judged by a panel of celebrity guests, luxury event planners and hosted by Ron Ben-Israel.
THE ENTRY PURCHASE WILL BE YOUR OFFICIAL PROOF OF ENTRY.
- One entry per person, per category. You may enter more than one category, but only one entry per category.
- Category: Tiered level cakes
- Experience level: Beginners/Professionals
- Theme: Five Years of Love – Valentine’s Day Edition
MUST BE RECEIVED no later than 6PM FRIDAY JANUARY 25TH, 2019. Absolutely no late entries will be accepted.
The entry fee for each category is $75 (all proceeds are donated to two of our chosen charities).
WHERE: Anaheim Convention Center
WHEN: February 2nd, 2019 @ 9:00 AM
*At check in (at exhibitor registration desk), competitors will receive an entry number to be used to identify their cake during the judging of the competition.
NO LATE SETUPS WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Entries will be evaluated by staff and/or judges to ensure each entry is in the correct division. We will have the right to move the entries.
- No table decor will be allowed.
- There will be no electrical outlets available to any of the competitors.
- A card, securely attached to the underside of the cake board, must include the following information: competitor’s name, division and contact information.
- No personal or business identification, advertisements, special backdrops, photos, etc., will be allowed to be displayed with the entry.
- The LACC staff will be on hand to confirm all rules are adhered to. Competitors with submissions not adhering to the competition guidelines, deemed inappropriate, or in poor taste in the opinion of the staff, will be advised as soon as possible.
- All competition pieces MUST REMAIN ON DISPLAY until the end of LA Cookie Con on Sunday February 3rd, 2019 at 5pm.
- Competition pieces may only be removed from the display area on Sunday February 3rd, 2019 between the hours of 5PM and 7PM.
- Any items, including cakes, displays, etc. remaining after 7PM on Sunday February 3rd, 2019 will be disposed of by the staff.
All entries will be photographed and photos may be used, at the discretion of LA Cookie Con for any and all marketing and promotional purposes for all future LA Cookie Con activities.
The Awards Presentation will take place on Saturday February 2nd, 2019 at 3PM at the Main Stage area.
Prizes must be claimed at the show. If you are not able to pick up your prize at the show you may make arrangements to have a friend or family member get the prize. Under no circumstances will prizes be mailed or shipped.
LITTLE KID’S CAKE COMPETITION:
Kid’s can compete for best Kid’s cake. There must be photos of them making the cake. Each Child that enters the competition will receive a medal for the Championship.
Ages 3-6 years old only accepted. Fee is the same. All fees go to our 2 Charities.
Judging will begin at 2:00PM on Sunday September 23rd, 2018 and continue until concluded. All entries will be judged by a team of qualified industry professionals.
*Judges scores/decisions are final based on the decision of the judges.
THEIR WILL NOT BE A DEFAULT WINNER IF NOT ENOUGH ENTRIES ARE SUBMITTED. Placement are presented only based on points and judges final decision.
All categories will be judged on the same criteria. Entries will be judged on the following:
- Interpretation of Theme (10)
- Originality and Creativity (10)
- Covering Skill (Overall finish of covering medium (10) Use of Color (10)
- Proportion and Balance (10)
- Overall design and appearance (10)
- Less than 2 years of decorating; self-taught and or no more than 2 cake courses
- More than 3 years of decorating 30 hours or more of instructional courses (including online courses).
“Five Years of Love” – Valentine’s Day Edition
There are many facets to this theme. Make sure you research the culture, clothing, etc. You want to wow the judges with your interpretation of the theme with your new and inventive methods, mediums, etc. Your show piece tiered can be made out of Styrofoam or any other cake substitute. Show piece should represent this year’s theme Love theme and need to meet a min height of 24” and meet or exceed a minimum of 100 servings. Each show piece should fit on a 24′′ round table. Ensure your entries can fit comfortably in this space.
*Any sugar medium or technique may be used.
1- CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO REGISTER
2- CLICK THE RULES BUTTON AND BRING THEM WITH YOU AT REGISTRATION!
BOTH BUTTONS WILL BE ACTIVE BY DEC 1, 2018
Could You Be Our Champion?
The Dessert Table is more than a trend: it’s a party host’s opportunity to thank their guests in the sweetest way possible.
It can be lavish, with a sky-high cake flanked by towers of macarons, or whimsical, with comfort food favorites such as donuts and cookies.
It is a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
We invite you to share your edible art with the world and claim the title of Grand Champion. This year’s competition is judged by Ron Ben-Israel and a panel of celebrity guests, bloggers, and luxury event planners. Our Media Sponsors American Cake Decorating, Yelp, LA Weekly and more are joining in on the fun.
Applications close whenever all slots are filled. You will be notified of our decision within 5 days of submitting your application. If you do not hear from us within 5 days please re-submit.
Enter the Championship
Completing this application certifies that, if accepted, you will compete in the 2019 World Dessert Table Championships and pay the $50 entry fee to be donated to the Epilepsy Foundation los Angeles. Good luck!